The Mission of the School of Education
The mission of the School of Education is to develop strategic, innovative and caring leaders, scholars, and practitioners who are empowered to fulfill the promise and purpose of education in a pluralistic and democratic society by promoting constructive change within local, state, national and global communities.
The Vision of the School of Education
The vision of the School of Education is to be a prominent leader in education by providing high quality, rigorous, and accessible credential and degree programs that promote excellence in education.
Philosophy and Purpose
The philosophy of the School of Education is grounded in a set of beliefs embraced by its faculty. These beliefs are aligned with our mission and vision.
The faculty of the School of Education believe that:
- Learning is a life-long process
- Every student is able to learn and succeed and should have access to a high quality educational experience
- Inquiry and reflection are essential to learning and effective decision-making
- Diversity enriches the educational experience for all learners
- Educators are accountable to the communities they serve and should be advocates for equitable and inclusive environments for all students
- Through collaborative relationships and strategic partnerships we can seek effective solutions to improve schools
The purpose of the School of Education is to provide the optimal environment for all candidates to develop the knowledge, skills and dispositions necessary to be effective leaders, scholars and practitioners who are empowered to promote constructive change in the communities they serve.